Compulsive sexual behavior disorder (CSBD) can be very similar to an addiction disorder. The following are signs that a person might have CSBD:
- Persistent or frequently occurring sexual urges that are irresistable or uncontrollable;
- Focus on sexual activities causes one to neglect other important areas of one’s life such has health, work, and other relationships;
- Sexual activities harm or endanger the safety of the person or of others;
- Inability to control or reduce sexual activities despite harm, danger, or negative consequences (e.g. to health, work, and other relationships);
- Causes distress or significant functional impairment in important areas of life such as personal, family, social, education, and occupation.